Working Xbox emulator for PC?

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Working Xbox emulator for PC?

Post by LazyManc »

It seems someone has finally made a working Xbox emulator for the PC, and Halo is apperently playable:
From http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/
08.13.03 - caustik

I am sure by now most of you have heard of the new xbox emulator just released, named "Xeon". From the screenshots I have seen, it is very impressive. Halo is apparently playable, although I have not been able to verify this myself. I hope that _SF_ will contact kingofc and myself, so that we can work together to get playable games happening very quickly. This is very exciting news for the emulation scene, and I want congratulate _SF_ on his work.

Recently, two of my hard drives became corrupted, and I lost alot of data. I hope to recover this data very soon so I can continue work on Cxbx. In the meantime, enjoy the new toy, and look forward to seeing Halo supported by Cxbx in the near future!
Anyways, i'm currently downloading the emu off #xbins ftp and i'll let you know what its like (if I can get it working :))
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Right, from the readme:
Xeon is an X-Box emulator for the PC. Currently it supports one commercial game, and support for more will be added in the future along with other features.

---------- Compatibility:
Halo (NTSC version only)

---------- Requirements:
Windows XP
DirectX 9.0a
Pentium 3/Athlon XP processor
Recommended graphics card: GeForce FX/Radeon 9200 Pro or higher

---------- Instructions:
Extract all of the files to some directory. You will need an ISO image of the game you want to run. Since ISO reading is not implemented yet, you will need to use a tool such as xISO (www.yursoft.cjb.net) to extract all of the files in the ISO. Make sure to preserve the directory structure inside the ISO file when extracting. Start up Xeon.exe and select File->Load XBE. Navigate to the directory where you extracted the ISO and select the default.xbe file. You can also supply the XBE filename as a command-line argument to Xeon.exe and it will be loaded automatically.

---------- Credits:
caustik for XBE file documentation
Datarescue for their excellent disassembler, IDA
I haven't actually got NTSC Halo on me atm so I guess it'll have to wait till i'm back in Hull and can rob Mid's copy.
DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by DjArcas »

well?
http://www.projectorgames.co.uk

The biggest multiplayer games in the world. Ever.