Desert Combat Clan

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Desert Combat Clan

Post by LazyManc »

Zik is forming a clan for DC - nothing too serious, just some competitive fun. We haven't fully decided on a name yet, but it's possible we might go with [R]ecoil like the good old days.

Anyways if you've got broadband, a copy of Battlefield and a penchant for creating large explosions using todays military hardware, then pop along to our private games that take place bi-nightly from 9pm onwards.

Here's a taster of whats in store:

Izz's emu impression -
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

woo.. im up for that :)

rib?
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

Sounds cool :) There much of a clan following for BF/DC?

Will be a while before I get in on the action, but I should have DSL when I get to Worthing, sometime in the next month or so...
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
garlando
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by garlando »

Count me in, but not for a few weeks as i am off on hols tomorrow :)
If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I still think plain vanilla BF is a more balanced and interesting competitive game.

DC : Point tank at something, pull trigger, target dies

BF : Point tank at something, try and get trajectory right, target takes a hit and doesn't die until after a couple more hits.

The speed of the aircraft added to the already less-than-perfect flight controls makes dogfighting a pain in the arse. Much better in the BF fighters.

I'll play whatever, I just think DC is best reserved for LAN farting about rather than competitive play.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

mid_gen wrote:I still think plain vanilla BF is a more balanced and interesting competitive game.

DC : Point tank at something, pull trigger, target dies

BF : Point tank at something, try and get trajectory right, target takes a hit and doesn't die until after a couple more hits.

The speed of the aircraft added to the already less-than-perfect flight controls makes dogfighting a pain in the arse. Much better in the BF fighters.

I'll play whatever, I just think DC is best reserved for LAN farting about rather than competitive play.

Nah DC is the daddy, the weapons and vehicles are far more fun to use, it just feels nicer. You'r right about the point and shoot but only at close range, anything more than a few hundred metres and the shells /rockets still dip a fair bit. Vanilla BF has less variation of ground vehicle, and you get exactly the same one shot kill if you use a tank against anything other than another tank.

It's the helicopters that make DC for me, they just feel fantastic to fly. The latest patch has toned them down abit so they're not quite the killing machines they once were, but they still rock.

Vanilla BF doesnt quite give the whole "Theatre of War" feeling cause there's only ever one or two aircraft up at once. In DC there's always something going on above your head.

And if you cant control the aircraft at high speed then you just suck tbh ;)
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

what's the server addy then? or do i need to hang around in #shotgunlan to find out?

Rob.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Yah, the start times are a bit random atm, just seems to be whenever everyones in the mood. If you idle in #shotgunlan someone'll give you a shout when it's time.

Unfortunately we're only running it over home connections at the minute so max we can fit in is 5 or 6 before it gets laggy. Plans are afoot to get some time on a rentable server with Barrysworld or BY though.
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

check out www.battlefield1942.co.uk it's an excellent uk resource with some good clans that are local to it, probably find that people would be happy to share bookables.

Rob.