Potential Weirdness

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Potential Weirdness

Post by PeteTheHair »

There may be some weirdness going on here for the next few days/weeks as I start to look at moving our hosting again. This shouldn't have an effect here (unless I cock it up) for the next week or so at least, but it's prolly worth warning people :)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

K, just to let people know that stage 1 of the server move is complete. All the web and DNS hosting has been shifted successfully to our new server, and mail will follow in a week or so. I'm actually off on holiday for a week from this weekend, so the chances are that the mail move won't take place till after I get back (Nick is currently without a net connection in Winchester, and Chris doesn't have the admin rights needed at the mo). All people with mail accounts should be getting details from me soonish.

If anyone wants to take this opportunity to get a mail account, we'll soon be offering full secure IMAPv4 support with one of the worlds most bitching webmail interfaces. POP will also be supported for those who prefer it. Gimme a shout if you need a disposable email addy :)

Think the one casualty is the news posting service we use, NewsPro. Not quite sure what's shot it, but I may just replace it with something a little newer. We shall see...

Give me a shout if you notice any weirdness pls...
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I do have access, they just don't trust me with a beard-box ;)