NEW FORUM !!!!!

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

roadhog

Ummmmm

Post by roadhog »

What can i say there are some games there never thought i would play but i am going to have a look at them now cause they sound awesome.

roadhog
alias
rob
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

i get no problems with ADSL and Battlefield, Desert Combats design mean that it's a bit more chunky but that's client end mostly. when u get dsl, give us a shout :D
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
roadhog

Hi there

Post by roadhog »

Hi again i am on a 3meg pipe here at the cafe so speed is not a issue.

battlefied 1942 is another game we play alot.

roadhog
alias
rob
p.s we are going to have battlefield tournys soon too
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Battlefield tournaments :(

Spoils the whole point of the game....which is basically to blow your self and other people up in the most spectacular way possible, then annoy people by laughing far too loud :)
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

was that a rip at me? ,:)
BoredAtWork
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by BoredAtWork »

roadhog Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:50 pm Post subject: Hi there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again i am on a 3meg pipe here at the cafe so speed is not a issue.
Thanks I feel much better now you git :D

I think you still hold the record for Battlefield Chris, I've never seen anyone bomb a plane (in flight) with the B52 :shock:

Pete is winning the laughing bit though.....
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

Well... I did have an immensely long reply to this post some time ago, but IE decided it didn't like it much and conveniently got rid of it for me. I'm now ready to resurrect it..

Backtracking a few arguments, CS may not be dead, but it's definitely missing, presumed sucky. If anything, playing it with huge numbers of maps and add-ons just makes life more difficult... If noone knows the maps, at least 70% of people just get wiped without knowing where their attacker was. Which is just annoying.

Other games Chris may have missed:
Tribes 1/2 - Fear the driving skills ;)
Red Faction prolly deserves a mention
That odd Q3 top-down tanks mod (Q3Combat?)
BF Pirates (That may have been in the list already... sucky web browser means I can't check)

So. Pete's Challenge for SG17 then. A round of every game mentioned in this thread. Anyone joining me? :)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
roadhog

Hell lets blow people away

Post by roadhog »

Yea lets wipe um all out on battlefield well up for that LOL

Just waiting for the new updated version of counter should be good.

Release date is december 9th.

Anyhow thanks for the games i will try some ov them out.
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Re: YEAAAA right

Post by Spey »

roadhog wrote:CS has died where the hell have you been all your life its the biggest online game ever not only that but the new counter is on its way counter strike condition zero.And its going to be the next biggest online game.

from
rob

omfg its like streetfighter the movie - THE GAME all over again.

so they make a mp mod for half-life called cs right, then some bright spark has the idea to make a single player game of it right.

THEN some even more clever chap decides it needs an ace multiplayer?!

possibly not

now please hop back in your tardis and return to yesteryear when the interweb superhighway was new and CS was but a twinkle in young mens eyes
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.
roadhog

Condion zero

Post by roadhog »

Hi there all just a few facts on condion zero.

The single player is SHITE.

But the multiplayer is awesome it now has all the 1.6 bots also the bots work with a lan game or over the net.Also it works with all of your old maps but they will be vastly improved cause of the new weather effects.
They have also upgraded the weather effects from 1.6.
They now have snow,rain,fog etc that is ment to restrict your view and so forth.
The bots are bloody awesome they realy do act like humans god if it was not for the low ping u realy would think your on the net up against the players of the word.
1 last thing cs rocks and condition zero is the lift it needed.

roadhog
alias
rob
p.s here is a direct link to the forum so u dont have to go 2 the mane site.
http://www.e-thinktank.co.uk/phpBB2/
hope that helps you guys out.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

CS:CZ bots : PODBot

CS may have 'needed' a lift, but the question is, does anyone really want it? No-one that comes to shotgun, to be honest :P
roadhog

Ok

Post by roadhog »

Fair enough but to be honest there is nothing quite like a good ul frag on counterstrike and there are still plenty of people out there who love it.
And its still the biggest online multiplayer game out there.

Dont get me wrong i know there are a lot of other games and some are awesome ie battlefield and midtown madness.

But its the idea of taking out a group of cts or terrorists before they can plant the bomb or rescue the hostage.

Also the difference in players skill and the way they play surprises are round evry corner one min there is a guy with a shotgun that aint much good then next a guy with a pistol and bam your dead ok you might say he is cheating but what about when it happens on a cheating death server ummmmm.Is the guy cheating or is he just awesome.

There is always a challenge on cs thats whats so good about it.
Ohh yea i think there alot of people out there who cant wait for condition zero.

roadhog
alias
rob
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

counter strike died for me when it was no longer about tactics and everyone decided "hey lets play on de_dust constantly, and fuck the bomb, let's play "deathmatch with realistic weapons" instead".

INTARMEGAWEBNET!
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Re: Ok

Post by rib? »

roadhog wrote:Fair enough but to be honest there is nothing quite like a good ul frag on counterstrike and there are still plenty of people out there who love it.
And its still the biggest online multiplayer game out there.

Dont get me wrong i know there are a lot of other games and some are awesome ie battlefield and midtown madness.

But its the idea of taking out a group of cts or terrorists before they can plant the bomb or rescue the hostage.

Also the difference in players skill and the way they play surprises are round evry corner one min there is a guy with a shotgun that aint much good then next a guy with a pistol and bam your dead ok you might say he is cheating but what about when it happens on a cheating death server ummmmm.Is the guy cheating or is he just awesome.

There is always a challenge on cs thats whats so good about it.
Ohh yea i think there alot of people out there who cant wait for condition zero.

roadhog
alias
rob
do you play any other games? i used to play counterstrike with pod-bot all the time over a lan (to make up numbers) the "product" has got so old now and so many people have moved on to try other things... i only installed HL the other day to try out International Online Soccer i dont even give CS the time of day now.

counterstrike used to be cool when people were on a learning curve and it was new and fresh, there were no other terrorist/CT sneak and shoots around and the scene was fresh and friendly because of it, with all the clancy's and rainbow6 stuff thats out now all the serious sneak&shoot fanatics have left to play those, all the battle nuts have gone to play MOH, BF1942, COD etc.. and all the competition people have gone back to playing "twitch" games like q3a etc.. leaving CS with mostly kids and cheats. I've no idea why honest people are still finding fun in the game when theres so much other stuff out there.

so stop trying to ram CS:CZ down our throats, most people here have played it to death and moved on.

[bitch]rib?
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

Glad someone else got there before I did - I never enjoyed CS too much, as alluded to above, but I did enjoy the gameplay modes.

So why did I not play CS?

Cos so many other games do the job soooo much better. Rainbow 6 was the original daddy of this (with some stonking AI, incidentally), and I spent a while playing the most recent incarnation (Raven Shield?) multiplayer. Global Operations was a bit of a giggle (especially with the magic heartbeat detector thingy). Call Of Duty is the newest kid on the block, and that's pretty fun as well. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably because most of the community isn't 13, and no-one takes the games too seriously.

One problem with the existing CS game is the huge number of exploitable level problems and bugs that now can't be removed cos too many people use them. I was lucky enough to be running a top flight CS event for Intel over the last weekend at Landed (BBC News for details). Yeah, the players were good, but a lot of the time was spent firing through walls, etc into the tunnel system... This makes sense to me, honest. I wasn't really aware of this before this weekend, but now I know, it does explain a few mysterious deaths...

Besides, all this is moot anyway, as valve are a bunch of amateurs. Without Steam auth, you can no longer play CS (1.6 anyway). Steam Auth requires net connection. We don't have one. Ah well.

And yeah, I'm bored of this now. Quit with the fricking CS, and, for that matter, the decidedly uninteresting forum pimpage.

Extra points go to Eclipse for the nicest take on INTARWEB I've seen yet :)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
roadhog

Post by roadhog »

Ok Ok no more ct.Anyhow we do play call of duty and battlefield also tony hawks.We will be haveing a battlefield server soon so maybe i will keep you posted on that.

p.s Sorry about the pimping i need to get some people to my forum.

And seeing your one of the best.

Thought i would post here.
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

ah http://www.box-logic.co.uk/ .. it all makes sense now pete :D

futhering on from the CS conversation, i personally think that the only reason people are at the competitive level they are now when they play it is down to the shortcuts, vunrabilities and hacks in the engine that allow for all these wall-hacks, funny targeting (anyone seen those video's that show the odd shot pattern of the mp5?). but for CS:CZ will valve finally plug these gaps? will they heck.. they'll loose half of their paying customers overnight.

Ribbo
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

[quote="eclipse"]counter strike died for me when it was no longer about tactics and everyone decided "hey lets play on de_dust constantly, and fuck the bomb, let's play "deathmatch with realistic weapons" instead".
quote]

That just about sums it up completely. Only the loss of broadband had a similar effect. Twitch games are only a short term fix. I continue to look for a suitable online replacement fps. To date I have yet to find one... :evil:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

As for Steam auth....Valve are allegedly releasing a LAN thingy at some point in the near future....I won't hold my breath though.

I'm well into playing Half-Life deathmatch at the moment, playing in the HLCCL league with some of the guys that come to shotgun, tis a good laff. But then, I've not been playing it solid for the last 4 years or whatnot, so it's all fresh to me :)
roadhog

Post by roadhog »

I know.I am still waiting for a good multiplayer fps.I was looking forward to chrome but it wasent that good then halo well its not bad but we have seen it before on the xbox and it dident offer much of a difference from that version.Anyhow i hope the likes of doom3,halo2,halflife2 stand up to the quality we should be up to by now.

roadhog
alias
rob