LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

SG17 Secondary Annouce-y Thing

Post by PeteTheHair »

Twas the morning after christmas
and all through the house
Pete had a fair to moderate hangover.

Ah well.

For those of you who haven't worked this out yet we're running another of these event thingys. As I'm going to be off on holiday for most of the time between now and then, this officially constitutes the "Last minute reminder" email. So, important notes then...

** Dates: 9th - 11th January

**Turn-up time: 9:30 pm, if you don't hear anything else from us. I'm actually not entirely sure on this, but Nick is on holiday (I think) at the mo. If it's going to be any earlier, I'll throw another of these emails out, but rely on 9:30 for the mo. Those wanting to turn up earlier can wait in the pub just down the road (where we'll be ;) )... mail me for details.

** Location: TS Swiftsure, Aldershot. Same as always. Still a bastard to find :)

** Cost: 20 quid on the door, 15 quid prepaid. See the site (can't be bothered to find a direct link) for payment details.

** Signup: Through the forums, as usual. Contrary to certain other LAN admin belief, it's a great system. They just can't use teh intarweb properly.

** Things to bring:

For those of you not familiar with the venue, it gets pretty cold in there at times. We can provide matresses to sleep on, but a sleeping bag and/or blanket is recommended. It will be cold. I mean this. The heating will be running full-on all weekend. It will still be cold.

Obviously don't forget PC related essentials... Mouse, keyboard, power cables, headphones. You may laugh, but we've seen them all done. Bring a 4-way too, if you can. We supply network cableage.

Alcoholic beverages are recommended too.

Camcorders. If you got one. I'm thinking about splicing together a SG video. Note that we can't be responsible for any kit that you bring along, and it's entirely at your own risk. I'd appreciate as much footage as we can get though. And it'll be a laugh.

** Things not to bring:

Speakers. I mean it. Unless we explicitly ask you to.

ICS/DHCP servers. Pete's big DHCP finding stick will be out in full force. It shall bring wrath to all those running ICS.

Girly drinks. Alcopops are frowned upon by the SG managment, you big girls blouses.

BB Guns. Unless you're volunteering to spend 3 hours sweeping the venue after the event, do not bring these. That said, if you're only going to use them outside, we don't mind too much.

UPSs. Certain people have been known to bring UPSs to our events. Cheats. None of that behaviour this time, thankyou :)

** Parking: For the sake of the folks at the venue, I've been asked to point out that there is a one-way system thing which runs round the venue. It's not obvious, but this annoys them a lot. As you drive into the venue, please don't cut left to get to the parking the obvious way. Go straight on and round the venue first. This will make more sense when you're there. To get out again, please come across the front of the venue.

Think that's about it... If you got any queries, mail me, but don't expect an instant reply. I'm not sure about the availability of a net connection while I'm out of the country, but I'll do me best. I'll throw my mobile number on the forums and news page closer to the time for emergencies.

Any questions?
Last edited by PeteTheHair on Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by DjArcas »

Ask me to bring speakers then. :)
http://www.projectorgames.co.uk

The biggest multiplayer games in the world. Ever.
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

DjArcas wrote:Ask me to bring speakers then. :)
Please bring speakers ^_^

K
DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

ok

Post by DjArcas »

Now ask me to bring 20 controllers and 80 USB ports. :-)
http://www.projectorgames.co.uk

The biggest multiplayer games in the world. Ever.
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Re: ok

Post by dogmeat »

DjArcas wrote:Now ask me to bring 20 controllers and 80 USB ports. :-)
I'll bring my powered 8 port hub thing this time.
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Re: ok

Post by Kulgan »

DjArcas wrote:Now ask me to bring 20 controllers and 80 USB ports. :-)
*begs*

K
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

Please note folks, SG17 Arrival time is now 10pm, due to the Sea Cadets using the venue tomorrow.

But never fear. Those wishing to make hte journey sooner will find pre-SG17 pubbage going on in the pub down the road. I believe it's called
"The Cricketing Monket" or something similar, and the admin team at least will be there from 7.

For those who know the venue area, it's on the same crossroads as the chinese takeaway just down the rd. For those who don't,

http://www.shotgunlan.com/images/venue_map.png

It's where Lower Weybourne Lane crosses with Badshot Lea Rd.

Note that we can't accept responsibility if you park a car full of PCs outside the pub (or the venue, for that matter), and it gets broken into. Neither can we offer PC storage space before 10pm.

Anyone with last minute problems/being lost can get me on 07881 780565.

Mines the first round then... See you all tomorrow :)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
richt_uk
pe0n
pe0n

Post by richt_uk »

Mr Matthews,

You should be working, :twisted:
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »