Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by DjArcas »

30fps or less ;)

We'll see how GT4 pans out, and B3 of course :>
http://www.projectorgames.co.uk

The biggest multiplayer games in the world. Ever.
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Post by Spey »

fcuk graphics, gameplay over shiny bits anyday. GT3 for me

also online gaming doesnt necessarily mean good gaming imo, too many idiots. with regard to gt4 im mostly looking forward to the new content rather than the addition of online races, as no matter how good you are really theres always someone willing to powergame and beat you
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.
DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by DjArcas »

True, but can you beat 6 player racing with you and your mates? I think not. Except with more than 6 players :)

rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

i can tell you what, 6 players pah.. 40 players on a *clean* nascar2003 server drafting at over 200mph.. THAT's racing :D also Liveforspeed, 12 players in realistic yet fun and easy to grasp :D add to that the trans-am mods for nascar that turn a turn left game into a proper american-gt racing sim with 'vettes, vipers, and european gt's :D www.racesimcentral.com .. the hub of online racing
http://www.theuspits.com/ - home of TPTCC and the Bullrun (one of the best online endurance races going, check out the vids)

and bottom line.. on the track (even though the tracks arnt as good as GT3) the racing (aided by the excellent Xbox-s controller) , the driving, the FEEL.. is much better in PGR2. and im yet to try PGR2 multiplayer :D
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

PGR never quite grabbed me like GT3 did...nm...I've heard good things about PGR2. CMR3 and Rallisport Challenge are both good, shame CMR has no split-screen (in 3 anyway). Rallisport is just a class arcade multiplayer rally game :)
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

the only good thing about PGR2 is ontrack (mp excluded as i havent tried it yet).. gran turismo is still a market leader when it comes to off track playability.. it's good ontrack, but is beaten (now) by many others.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

PGR2 is the best feeling racing game i've ever played. There hasnt been a game before where the differences between cars is so noticable in how it handles on track. It's just a shame there are no off-track features as such.

Anyone unlocked the TVR 12 Speed yet? I've finished the game on silver on the first full run through but havent tried it on platinum yet. Doing 230mph on Nurburgring in the Enzo is quite a thrill ;)
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

I'm currently beasting NFS:U (sound like something you get treated at the pox clinic) which has noticable physics changes between cars or when adding upgrades. Top fun... :idea:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

ah. need for speed underground.. : wipeout with wheels and underfloor neons.

oh and at the moment it's nurenberg in a esprit V8 :D.. nothing gets better.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Seahorse, believe me, i've played both all the way through and while NFS:U is quite amusing for a while, it isn't fit to polish the wheel arches of PGR2.

I've just tried a couple of tracks on platinum and christ its hard. The cone challenges are mental.
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

LazyManc wrote:PGR2 is the best feeling racing game i've ever played. There hasnt been a game before where the differences between cars is so noticable in how it handles on track. It's just a shame there are no off-track features as such.

Anyone unlocked the TVR 12 Speed yet? I've finished the game on silver on the first full run through but havent tried it on platinum yet. Doing 230mph on Nurburgring in the Enzo is quite a thrill ;)
Visa's done the game on Platinum, and he's got a really high Live rank too. It's rare to beat him in a race put it that way.
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

LazyManc wrote:Seahorse, believe me, i've played both all the way through and while NFS:U is quite amusing for a while, it isn't fit to polish the wheel arches of PGR2.

I've just tried a couple of tracks on platinum and christ its hard. The cone challenges are mental.
Call me Mr Picky but a low-res game played on a toy (XBox) hardly compares to a decent spec PC game using a FF wheel. As its not not available to compare on a PC the point is moot. Besides, playing driving games with thumb pads doesn't flick my personal switch.

I've played just about every PC car game going and NFSU is extremely amusing. F1 2002 was the dogs bollocks in F1 mind you...

Rgds
Mike

My DVDs
DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by DjArcas »

Seahorse, I defy you to find a PC racing game that looks as good as PGR2, or GT3/4 or Burnout2. They simply aren't out there. I wish they were. No PC game has the scope of the GT series, either.

Also, if you're half serious about playing them, a decent FF steering wheel isn't hard to come by.

rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

www.liveforspeed.com
*shakes head*
/slopes off
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

NFSU has perfectly acceptable graphics on any PC with a 1/2 decent graphics car & monitor. The cars look great & the scenery is well implemented. I play it at 1280x960 and it looks like any other modern game using 3D and texture mapping - pretty damn good.

I fail to see how playing console games on a TV at 640 x 480 impresses you or any one else for that matter. They certainly don't make my eyeballs light up in the slightest... :shock:

One further point to note, I hate joypads... :twisted:

Rgds
Mike

My DVDs
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I don't much care what the game looks like, it's all about how it handles.

I spent a good while last year playing GT1 on bleem, it looked crap but it just plays so damn well. Likewise Toca2 felt really nice but the graphics aren't up to much.
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

http://generally.racesimcentral.com/ - that what yer looking for chris :D
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Anyone remember Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off-Road Racer?

Now *there* is a class game :)
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

Digs out WinUAE an a copy of Amiga in a Box then blags a load of HD games.

A couple of links:

Check out download page at Amiga in a Box as well as:
Mostly Floppies
Tutorials & games

Rgds
Mike

My DVDs
DjArcas
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by DjArcas »

Seahorse wrote:NFSU has perfectly acceptable graphics on any PC with a 1/2 decent graphics car & monitor. The cars look great & the scenery is well implemented. I play it at 1280x960 and it looks like any other modern game using 3D and texture mapping - pretty damn good.

I fail to see how playing console games on a TV at 640 x 480 impresses you or any one else for that matter. They certainly don't make my eyeballs light up in the slightest... :shock:

One further point to note, I hate joypads... :twisted:
As I said... no game on the PC comes close to the sheer beauty of BO2/GT3/PGR2. It's as simple as that. NFS:U looks ok, I guess... the horsepower you need to run the game at 60fps with full ref mapping is quite insane.

*quietly points out that DVD is just about 640x480, and no-one complains about that*