SG 20 - Sept 2006 - Just when you thought it was safe...

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

Me and this bloke for starters... :twisted:

"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Yep all still on....check the 'Sign Up' page to see who's coming.
Ze_Baron
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

I am not coming

Post by Ze_Baron »

But leave my name up there! I will be there in spirit. I would love to come and trounce all of you with my new Core Microarchitecture based ninjaPC, but the plane ticket is too much.

You see, I have moved to Silicon Valley... Skull is about though!
Ze Baron
"I love it when a LAN comes together!"
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

[-S.E-] Axeman wrote:So as we get ever closer is all still on ? I have about 8 from my clan wanting to come so far.

How many have actually booked tickets?
None so far... including yourself!

K
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Re: I am not coming

Post by Seahorse »

Ze_Baron wrote:But leave my name up there! I will be there in spirit. I would love to come and trounce all of you with my new Core Microarchitecture based ninjaPC, but the plane ticket is too much.

You see, I have moved to Silicon Valley... Skull is about though!
You gotta be kidding, Intel would export you? Next thing you are going to tell us is that you get paid as well... :wink:

Rgds
Mike

My DVDs
[-S.E-] Axeman
pe0n
pe0n

Post by [-S.E-] Axeman »

Kulgan wrote:
[-S.E-] Axeman wrote:So as we get ever closer is all still on ? I have about 8 from my clan wanting to come so far.

How many have actually booked tickets?
None so far... including yourself!

K
How do I book tickets I know I am being thick but cannot work out how to sign up and be in the list on the webby ?
My Axe is a guitar but dont let that fool ya as I'll bag ya just as quick as clapton plays a lick
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

If you head over to the signup page (here), you should see a grey box at the top. Assuming my code is right, it'll tell you who it thinks you are, and it will tell you that you're not registered as coming to the next event. There should be a link below that, saying "Register as coming". Click that one. Job done :)

If you want to pre-pay us for your attendance, take a peek here, or even just the Event Info pages for all the details you could ever need.

Of course, if my code is terminally broken, and there's no grey box, or it's wrong or the page formats your PC, do let me know ;)

Cheers
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
GlimmerMan
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by GlimmerMan »

You need to be logged in to the forum with the "log me on automatically each visit" boxed checked. If you didn't check that box when you logged in, when you browse away to the signup page it doesn't know who you are.
[-S.E-] Ego
pe0n
pe0n

Post by [-S.E-] Ego »

weeeeeeee

C U all there

thankyou for the explaination on what to do,

perhaps a sticky on how to sign up would be a good idea.....
[-S.E-] Axeman
pe0n
pe0n

Post by [-S.E-] Axeman »

GlimmerMan wrote:You need to be logged in to the forum with the "log me on automatically each visit" boxed checked. If you didn't check that box when you logged in, when you browse away to the signup page it doesn't know who you are.
Ahh that explains it then :wink: I did not have this ticked

Thanks for the info Ego has made a post on our forum so hopefully a few more will be signing up .
will pay on the day.
We are working it so we will arrive saturday morning and stay saturday night as some guys cannot get there for Friday night.
:cry:
My Axe is a guitar but dont let that fool ya as I'll bag ya just as quick as clapton plays a lick
[-S.E-] Ego
pe0n
pe0n

Post by [-S.E-] Ego »

so whats the score in terms of games and stuff?
is there a list of games or is it turn up and see?

is there an ittinery (sp) or is it pretty much "well decide on the day"?

is there a local offie /pub?

do i need to fit a colostomy / catheter bag?
Team work:
alot of people doing what I say
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

so whats the score in terms of games and stuff? is there a list of games or is it turn up and see?
There will be a 'what games do you want to play' thread....coming soon :)
is there an ittinery (sp) or is it pretty much "well decide on the day"?
We go for a pretty ad-hoc approach, and when we think it's time to offer someone a small, slightly chewed stuffed animal we found in the corner to the first person to flip a chinook in OpFlash....Pete will go ahead and shout it :)
is there a local offie /pub?
Sainsbury's is a 2-minute drive. Local pub is 5 minutes walk and we usually meet there before the event for a couple of brewskies. Chinese takeaway is right next to it.
do i need to fit a colostomy / catheter bag?
Optional...although when leaving puddles of piss on seats, a ritual duck-tape sacrifice usually offends :)
BoredAtWork
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by BoredAtWork »

mid_gen wrote: We go for a pretty ad-hoc approach, and when we think it's time to offer someone a small, slightly chewed stuffed animal we found in the corner to the first person to flip a chinook in OpFlash....Pete will go ahead and shout it :)
To be fair Pete will also probably win that specific chinook competition... and definately not on purpose!
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

My favourite ever Opflash moment was getting into a Chinook, loading up with players, getting to max altitude, then bailing out. :)
bloodnok
pe0n
pe0n

Post by bloodnok »

Can I put in an official request for a big game of OpenTTD? The current limit is 8 companies per game (though you can have more than one person per company - they just have to communicate very well...), and it's a *lot* of fun, and should be lag (and random bootage) free on a LAN :-)

(Sensible decision alert: if you do get booted out of the game, you can rejoin and get back into the same company - in fact, you can quit the game and come back some hours later, and everything you had will still have kept running on autopilot...)

MOD : That stuff about peeing on seats also applies to forums signatures that 10 times the height of an average post :P
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

Got my cheque yet Pete?
Last edited by Seahorse on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rgds
Mike

My DVDs
[-S.E-] Axeman
pe0n
pe0n

Post by [-S.E-] Axeman »

Just to let you know guys our clan will be turning up Saturday morning as some guys are coming across from Norway :wink: .
So we are all going to meet at our local curry house in Mytchett on Friday night for a clan social.

So Need to check on the situation with Spectators are they allowed ? and will they be charged it will only be a couple of guys but they could only get to the lan by train so no PC. :cry:
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

No problems, the big games don't usually kick off until Saturday lunchtime anyway.
ah_mini
pe0n
pe0n

Post by ah_mini »

What sorta time are ppl showing up on Friday? You've probably written this someplace but I'm too useless at finding these things...

Andrew
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Well we will probably be inhabiting the pub down the road until 9-ish.....you are free to stay as long as you like of course :)

Here's some handy map goodness,which (if I've done it right) will have push pins for the nearby usefu locations....stupid PHPBB tags keep chopping the end off so just cut and paste it into your browser.

Code: Select all

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=51.228119~-0.768764&style=h&lvl=14&cid=523A323FE5E8363A!111