monitors

The place for all your dodgy dealings....

Moderator: SG Admins

biggles

monitors

Post by biggles »

ya know them light thingies,

***EMERGANCY***

hmm i thought, why in gods name is my new gf4 only giving me 60fps, and not increasing,

BECAUSE OF MY CRAP MONITOR!!!!

so im thinking of getting the 17" hansol on overclockers, but thought i better check to make sure no-one has one 4 sale? i want lots of hertz! 85 minimum.
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

The Hansol monitors are pretty good - in total I've bought three of the 710 series. Personally I own a 710D - manages 85Hz at 1280x1024, which does me just fine. Good picture too.

K
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

you might be getting 60Hz in games because of XP, alot of games run in 60hz, i dunno why, but the new nvidia drivers have a feature which lets you set the refresh rate for each res, overriding the applications specification if necessary. Just a thought
biggles

Post by biggles »

thanks zik, i will have a tinker,
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

ZiK is right, winXP only runs like, openGL games at like, 60 max and something else for D3D
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

Is what you are looking for, lets you manually set refresh rates in OpenGL/Direct3D (overriding the 60hz defaults).
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

the latest official nvidia drivers let you specify what refresh rate you want your monitor to run at specific resolutions..

its rather good :)
biggles

Post by biggles »

my problem was that vsync was being teh ghey,

disabled and i get 100fps constant at 1280x920x32

weeeeeeeeee
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Vsync will keep your gfx card refresh rate identical to the monitor refresh rate. Disabling it will throw the frames at the monitor as fast as the card can draw them, and, depending on the framerate, you'll get nasty horrible horizontal slashes across the screen. The monitor gets new frame information in the middle of the previous frame, so you get a kludge of two different frames on the screen at any one time. Which looks horrible.

Turn vsync on, and use refreshlock/detonator drivers to manually set your monitor refresh rate, and you'll get your maximum framerate without the nasty artifacts of turning vsync off.
biggles

Post by biggles »

everything thing still looks sexy, and i manually setting my refresh rates did not help