few things

The place for all your dodgy dealings....

Moderator: SG Admins

biggles

few things

Post by biggles »

i need a few things, if anyone has them i would be very happy.

joystick,
headset,
mobo + ram + cpu, preferably sdram, 1ghtz + processor, if you only have a cpu, or only a mobo i might still buy it,

a freind needs a p3 550 512k
sl34f7
slot 1
secc 2
preferably with heatsink,
(if that info makes no sense to you then dont blame i am just following instructions)
Phaliure
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Phaliure »

2 button simple joystick which you can borrow for the lan but anything longer term I can't help you with.
Phaliure
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death
biggles

Post by biggles »

yay!

i just need something to help me fly planes, (it is NOT possible with a trackball)
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

for the love of a good pointing device, somebody PLEASE lend this person a mouse!

/me cries
biggles

Post by biggles »

i am better with trackball than i could ever be with a ballmouse,
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

I can't believe you just said that, well, there's no hope for you now.
biggles

Post by biggles »

beleive me, melee fighting it IS the daddy, when you are looking for more accuracy, long shots and sniping it does fall back a bit, but i still like it
kipper
pe0n
pe0n

Post by kipper »

hi, i have an old p3 atx board that goes up to 800mhz and a p3 processor at 450mhz that can overclock nicely to 600mhz with little heat/reliability change from what i remember but faster speed if thats what youy like. Trouble is i've lost the manual so here's the online one:- http://www.epox.nl/manuals/mu-6vba0042.pdf which claims compatability with pc133 ram, it does but not at 133 ( :?: ) only 100mhz - unless you can get it to work could'nt but i only have 2 sticks 128mb pc133 spare at the moment.

£20 mobo+processor+heatsink
£15 for both sticks of memory
or i'll just call it £30 for the lot

P.S. not too sure what a sl34f7 is though, if its one of the old slot to socket (celeron) converters then i have one of those too opened but still boxed
biggles

Post by biggles »

sounds nice, i will look at the manual tonight and see how easy it would be for me to get an 800mhtz cpu (dad wants it to be just as good as his old pc, which was an 800mhtz duron.)
kipper
pe0n
pe0n

Post by kipper »

i dont know if it will go that high i never tried it but i think a mate has an athlon board+processor (slot) that is 800mhz naturally. i didnt mention it as i thought when you wrote secc2 it was the special intel instructions (sse2)but the confusion has passed and now i know its the name of the socket the processor goes in.

i'll try and find out more about the configuration of what my friend has then post back on this message board