Various arty-fartyness

Moderators: eclipse, SG Admins

mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Max assignment 2 : The Radishes?

Post by mid_gen »

nm eh?

Umm, here's my 5 renders. Classic case of fitting the spec perfectly, lots of fancy rendering features, but not a terribly good bit of design, the room just doesn't hang together right. But according to the spec it's a 2:i, so what do I care :D

www.the-midfield.com/projects/chapel/cross.jpg
www.the-midfield.com/projects/chapel/floor.jpg
www.the-midfield.com/projects/chapel/jesus.jpg
www.the-midfield.com/projects/chapel/overview.jpg
www.the-midfield.com/projects/chapel/stairs.jpg

wibble.[/img]
uatec
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by uatec »

this just wows me... how far graphics technology has come on, from pong and the old atari games, to now, when a mere student (no offence) can produce something so realistic. Thinking the jesus image, with the reflections off the picture frame...
Moo!
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

The reflections are the easy part (I could probably write my own algorithms to do it given time). It's the stuff you don't see, the 5 or 6 texture layers and light maps, that's the impressive stuff. 3DS Max is a fine program :)
dav

Post by dav »

/me votes

overview kicks ass
how long did it take you to make them
uatec
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by uatec »

/me wonders what dav is voting on

I tried to use 3DS max, but I could never figure out how to get anything to work. I admit I am dumb, and I didn't spend much time figuring it out. But hey. I found a really crap but easy to use programme called ULead Cool 3D. Saying it's name is almost as bad as saying "Ni", it is so awful... And I shelled out a full $60 for it... That was about 5 years ago though.
Moo!