Wanky fcuking computer

Got a software or hardware problem? Ask your questions here

Moderator: SG Admins

BoredAtWork
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Wanky fcuking computer

Post by BoredAtWork »

Weird thing happened with my mointor the other day.....

I plugged it into my laptop to do some work (all fine so far). I then plugged it back into my desktop, turned it on and now it doesn't work!! The monitor comes on while booting but once it gets to the point with the blue backgrounnd and windows login the monitor turns itself into standby mode. I can get it to work if I run it in Safe Mode or VGA mode but thats just shit.....

Has anyone got any ideas??? I don't even think I can blame Pete for this :(

Thanks

Paul
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

boot into safe mode and reinstall your graphics card drivers
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Re: Wanky fcuking computer

Post by Kulgan »

Fun. It isn't an IBM monitor by any chance is it?

K
BoredAtWork
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by BoredAtWork »

Thanks I'll try that.

Kulgan - no it's a Fujitsu I believe. At least in VGA mode I can still watch my p0rn..... uh nevermind!
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

if no joy with ziks soloution :-

stupid question first have you tried the "fn + video out button" on the keyboard? (i did note that he said "it cut to standby mode" but this is a quick "caps lock syndrome" like check

i've seen these things happen with docking stations before probably compleley seperate mind, check to see if you've got any hardware profiles setup in safe mode, if so delete em them leaving you with the "undocked" one do a clean boot without the monitor plugged in, shut down, plug monitor in, boot up, if the problem happens again then check to see if it's created any additional hardware devices in device manager. If that dont help then try another monitor,

if that dont help then it'll be a problem with your motherboard/v-out socket, which <rant mode> i woulnt be surprised,
i've got no time for fujitsu's (fujitsu-seimens) they make by far and away the most horrible, unstable, useless, shite drivers, FUCKING ABYSMAL hardware supported laptops put upon this god forsaken planet, if it comes to a hardware problem and it'll need to be sent away to be fixed, wave bye-bye because you'll be lucky to ever see it again, it'll prolly get run over, lost, broken in transit, broken by the fat fingered blind technitians that fix it, dropped out of an aeroplane.. i've had about 4-5 years of supporting these things and i've got some stories i can tell you, funny thing is i worked for a company that FUJISTU OWNED, so if they couldnt get it right for them then you, mr customer are stuffed, their left hand dont know what they're right hand are doing... (btw if it's a company laptop then print this out and post it to your ceo) </rant mode>
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
-------------------------------------------------