hitman 2

Write your reviews here, hardware, software, anything goes!

Moderator: SG Admins

biggles

hitman 2

Post by biggles »

not really a review, but the game is no longer being sold from big stores because of a level when you have to kill a shitload of muslim terrorists.

:>
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Game are still selling it, and it's not Muslims, its Sikhs. Eidos have said they'll alter the content of the Gamecube version and remove any references from their website about those parts of the game, but we've not had any news of the current PS2, Xbox and PC versions being pulled completely.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Because obviously it's politically incorrect to be seen to be killing muslim terrorists in a game.

White terrorists would be fine of course, so who're the ones being discriminatory.

PC = arse
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

I don't think they'd have a problem killing Muslim terrorists as they actually exist, I think the Sikhs objected to it because they don't actually have any terrorists (probably because a 3 foot diameter turban isn't very covert ;))
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Sikh, muslim, pakistani....they all strap bombs to their chest and fly planes into buildings...
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

*cough* Erm, mid, thats a bit of a sweeping generalisation there. For a start, "Pakistani" isn't a religion, it's a nationality, as you know, and the vast majority of people in Asia believe it or not aren't actually terrorists, it's just a few nutters here and there. Saying things like that isn't exactly helping the issue either.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

guess I missed the [satire] tags eh?
biggles

Post by biggles »

sept 11 has completely changed the meaning of terrorist,

terrorist's are people that use terror for personal gain.

and i would say that terrorism has FUCKING NOTHING to do with nationality or religion.

also i see whoever crashed the plane into the twin towers as mislead freedom fighters, not terrorists.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

biggles wrote: terrorist's are people that use terror for personal gain.

As opposed to people who use terror for the good of mankind? hmmm.

ter·ror·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tr-rzm) -
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons
Sounds like our chum Bin Laden to me...