Incredibly...

By request....a forum for discussing your favourite/most hated music :)

Moderator: SG Admins

Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Incredibly...

Post by Kulgan »

Someone has actually done a dance remix/cover of a song where I like the end result...

Don Henley's "Boys Of Summer" (one of my all-time favourites) has been redone by a bloke who goes by the name of DJ Sammy.
Fairly good actually.

K
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by eclipse »

yes, it's quite good. possibly better than the previous one DJ Sammy has done "heaven" however I've never heard the originals, so I can only comment on the final product, and not on how good a remix it is.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Nah eclipse its not as good as heaven IMO.
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

Hmmm. The orignial Heaven (Bryan Adams, incredibly) is pretty good in its own right, so I'm not sure I agree Heaven is better than Boys of Summer.

Heaven and Boys of Summer appear to be the only songs that DJ Sammy's done that are any good :cry:

K
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

Kulgan wrote:Bryan Adams ... pretty good
Get out. Banned.

;)
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

:roll:

K
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

I really *really* can't stand half-arsed slacking cuntb0x mofo trance 'artists' and their shitty money-grabbing pathetic, patronising remixes of old classics.

Saying that, there's probably a good career in it for anyone who can click a few buttons in cubase and install kazaa.

Lame-asses.

All of you :evil:
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

I really *really* can't stand half-arsed slacking cuntb0x mofo electronic 'artists' and their shitty money-grabbing pathetic, patronising tracks. Some of us spend years learning to play instruments.

Saying that, there's probably a good career in it for anyone who can click a few buttons in cubase and fruityloops.

Lame-asses.

All of you. :twisted:

/me pulls tongue out of cheek
Pete
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

'Crap chart trance' and 'electronic music' are mutually exclusive...For DJ Sammy read 'Busted, Cheeky Girls' AKA patronising cash-in's aimed at the under-12 market, for Leftfield/Massive Attack, read 'Radiohoead' or any other good guitar band you care to name.

But really, is a track any more or less worthy of being called 'good' music because instead of learning traditional instruments, artists spend years learning the in's and out's of Pro-Tools, Cubase and the rather less fascinating aspects of obscure MIDI implementations.

And before you shout hypocrite, read my first sentence again ;p

/me points at that this is an attempt to get a decent thread going on the forums for a change
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

mid_gen wrote: But really, is a track any more or less worthy of being called 'good' music because instead of learning traditional instruments, artists spend years learning the in's and out's of Pro-Tools, Cubase and the rather less fascinating aspects of obscure MIDI implementations.
I do actually agree with you on this one, I merely felt like stirring trouble ;)

Although I do have to note that classifying Radiohead as "good" is almost as bad as enjoying Bryan Adams. That's prolly another discussion though ;)
Pete
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Post by Spey »

i dont necessarily think one genre is better than the other, so long as the artist is making music for its own sake and not just doing it for the money then its worth a listen imo

sure some bands take years to perfect the guitar while others sit around pressing buttons, but then alot of bands play the guitar like shite anyway, and pretty much any "electronic" artist is just changing samples on an established beat pattern, but then we have pure talent like tom morello, or richard james, who use there own instruments and style of music to put the message across, i personally dont think that vibrating a string on a block of wood or telling a computer that you want it to make this sound or that makes any difference, its the expression that counts

music is like art, the reason art is so interesting is because its an expression, it portrays what the artist was thinking, or what he wants to tell you. if artists decided to go into business making art and churning out a masterpeice every few weeks then it would be just as worthless as the current state of the music "industry".

alas today i think there is too much of an establishment pattern of the way music is made and distributed to change it now...but ill say it anyway

viva la revolution

long live john peel

dont let the "industry" tell you what to listen to, make up your own mind
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.