Soul Reaper

Post by Soul Reaper »

It was my favourite car in Project Gotham, alongside the Viper
:)
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

TVR Tuscan was my favorite in Project Gotham.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Pff, I've been playing the daddy of Sega GT ;) GT3 woowoo. Just bought my Skyline R34 last night, saving up for stage 4 turbo kit so I can race in the big boys league and start raking in some real cash (and the cars I *really* want)

Also been playing Wip3out...omg such a good game, and possibly the best soundtrack on any game..
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Yeah but u can't play ur own soundtrack in GT3 like u can in Sega GT 2002.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Oh sorry, GT3 must suck then, I forgot that the soundtrack is the most important part of any driving game :P

Don't you find Sega GT's relentlessly drab, grey and miserable tracks depressing? It's like they added a 'dull' filter.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Yeah some of them are boring, and that snow track is just impossible to win on.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

Yeah sod the corvette it sucks, get yourself a skyline. I've finished the first season (SS license I think), got my Ford GT Concept and a Dodge Viper, both fully kitted out, as well as a cateram, skyline, and all the other ones you win. It's not got the same depth as Gran Turismo but it's not a bad attempt, especially considering you get it free with the console now.

Anyways, wont be long before I can play GT2 (arguably the best version according to some) on meh xbox, there's an x-bleem just around the corner ;)

As for the washed out graphics on sega GT, i havent the foggiest, doesn't seem to make any sense. Still, no racing game will be complete until you can write "cock" on the side of your car Alan Partridge style :)
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

I have a fully kitted out Skyline now, and I'm one race away from being able to go for my SS license.

As for GT2 in my opinion it is the best one of the lot, I play it on my PC using epsxe prolly the best PS1 emulator there is. :)
Soul Reaper

Post by Soul Reaper »

Well I just bought the Corvette 706, and te handling is a little off I'll grant you. I did have my doubts as to whether it was a good idea since the tires need replacing quite often, but now that I've got it fully kitted out I haven't looked back.

This car is so quick off the mark it's unbeliveable. The drag race presents no real problems to me anymore, since I thrash the final car easily. Although you need to slow down a little and take the corners slowly and carefully, with the kind of acceleration this thing has you'll easily regain any time lost slowing down when you finish - and then some!

And it's top speed is awesome as well, I've attained speeds in excess of 350km/h. This car is perfect for tracks with a lot of long straights.

My secondary car is the Zero, which is very quickly growing on me. This car very rarely skids and slides around the road. The grip it has on the road is phenomenal and it's got some very nice, tight turning circles. Acceleration and speed aren't too bad, I'm usually cruising at around 200km/h on a straight, though this is my car of choice for tracks with a lot of sharp turnings.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

My Gt concept would wizz on your corvette in the drag race ;)

shame theres no reall tweaking option like in Gran Turismo cause once you've added all the kit it's gonna be very similar to any other fully modded car of the same model.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

My GT90 would piss all over your GT concept in the drag race LazyManc ;)

Mainly because it has 1230bhp :D

Also I completed the game yesterday :)
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Post by Spey »

Soul Reaper wrote:You mean the enhanced Xbox version?

OK THEN!

No really, my hatred of the Playstation brand name stems from my Saturn days.

Ahhhh, that was the best console ever.
/me goes off to play Panzer Dragoon Saga
OMFG PANZER DRAGOON SAGA IS THE BEST GAME EVER

i also hated the ps, but i did HAVE to buy the ps and then later the ps2 for gran turismo, it is by far the best recing game ever

and metal gear solid is also class

plus initial D is coming out on it soon
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

Forget ye not Burnout2 either, for that pwnz too.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

It looked quite fun, but tbh, the driving model looked *utter* balls from what I saw.

An entertaining arcade racer no doubt, but the fact you just floored it round most of the tracks grinding round the (strangely perfectly smooth) barriers doesn't really put in the same genre as Gran Turismo/Sega GT/PGR