Do People Take Music too seriously?

By request....a forum for discussing your favourite/most hated music :)

Moderator: SG Admins

Is Music taken too seriously?

No
10%
Yes
90%

Total votes: 10

fabian
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Do People Take Music too seriously?

Post by fabian »

Do you think that the music can corrupt little kiddies, or are they more intelligent than all the old people give them credit for?
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway!! (you laugh at me cos i'm diferent, i laugh at you cos your all the same!)
PeteTheHair
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by PeteTheHair »

Like anything else in life, music can be a corrupting influence on some people. It's the whole "Does Doom make you a cold-blooded killer?" argument again. Yes, some people are affected adversely by it, as they are by many other things in life. I personally believe that if you're unstable enough to be tipped over the edge by music, and you're kept away from music, something else will do it instead.

A lot of the time, I feel it's used as a scapegoat. When the whole Columbine School thing happened, one of the first people in the Media's firing line was Marilyn Manson. I believe this was mainly because he's an easy target, and it's easier (and more news-worthy) to attack and demonise him than it is to attempt to find out what really went on. Note that quite a few people who come to SG own MM albums, etc, so watch out for us... we're all brooding psychos.
Pete
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1"
Phaliure
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Phaliure »

My shrink says it was doom which made me kill all those people and see things.

But no, music cannot mess u up.

Music doesn't kill people, people kill people(having listened to the track KILL YOU by EMINEM.)

No really you have to be messed in the head if even consider carrying out the things people sing about.

As eminem said in stan "What's this shit that you like to cut your wrists too, I say that shit just clowning dog, come on how fkd up is you"

I also don't think that anyone has the capacity to make people murder people in thier songs.

Although when I listen to some of the britney spears or s club juniors stuff I sure as hell need to get out and murder someone. In fact I often listen to said tracks than go out on a killing spree.

Anyway, gotta go, places to go people to gun down :shock: :shock:
Phaliure
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Phaliure wrote:I also don't think that anyone has the capacity to make people murder people in thier songs.
You've not listened to Nick Cave have you?
fabian
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by fabian »

personaly i think that this is another thing for crap parents to blame their kids growing up badly on.
Although some things do, like kids doing drugs after all the rappers and other people do them.
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway!! (you laugh at me cos i'm diferent, i laugh at you cos your all the same!)
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

mid_gen wrote:
Phaliure wrote:I also don't think that anyone has the capacity to make people murder people in thier songs.
You've not listened to Nick Cave have you?
:)

music is something that people can be passionate about, usually people passionate about things are being serious. To counter phaliures statement, east coast, west coast murders can be directly attributed to gangs taking action over words in songs.

(to any americans this is fictitous example)

east coast rapper wappin on record: "dang them west coasters, always taking it up the gary"
west coaster goes over to the east coast *BANG!*, that'll teach u!
another east coast rapper wappin on record: "dang you murdered my best friend's brother/cousin (same thing), only disgraced bastard sons of jezabels murder my best friend's brother/cousin (same thing)"

etc etc etc...
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
-------------------------------------------------
fabian
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by fabian »

These rappas know what they are getting themselve into, however 6 year old little kids dont.
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

If someone is barkin' mad they will go commit xxx (insert atrocity of choice).

It can be blamed on the Moon, Music, Movies etc but the one thing missing from all these stories is INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY. When you take that into consideration, no-one can take the blame but themselves... :cry:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
biggles

Post by biggles »

blaming it on music is like in the olden days when they said "THE CHILD IS BEWITCHED, BEWARE THE DEVILS BLOOD FLOWS!"

i beleive in nurture not nature, but i think the biggest influence is parents, and physical appearance, IE if ure different from the norm, youll always be shy.

anyway i used to listen to eminem all the time and i hardly ever dream of going out killing millions and raping george bush.
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

Did you try putting 6 inch nails through your eye lids? Surely you tried that due to the influence the Blonde talentless one exerts over you... :lol:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs