Shotgun LAN game servers..

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Shotgun LAN game servers..

Post by mid_gen »

I was looking at the Barrysworld membership thingy. £12 a year for 4 hours a week on the bookable servers.

Would be rather kewl to have a weekly meetup for some online spankage :D

Thoughts?
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

Yes it would be nice to have our own server for some bf1942 as most of the EA servers are normally full.
rib?
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by rib? »

yep, i find it good value, i've already posted on this board about this, perhaps you can get barrysworld to donate a free membership as a prize at the lan?
-------------------------------------------------
|It's prostitution jim but not as we know it.|
-------------------------------------------------
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

Barrysworld don't offer BF1942 servers yet. They probably will when EA lift the proverbial finger and get the linux server out. Not a bad idea rib, I'll drop em a mail.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

mid_gen wrote:Barrysworld don't offer BF1942 servers yet. They probably will when EA lift the proverbial finger and get the linux server out. Not a bad idea rib, I'll drop em a mail.
No bf1942 yet, what are we going to play then?
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

bf1942 is only any good with 50+ player carnage...

EAUK are good. try them out sometime.
biggles

Post by biggles »

i assume that your 4hours a week has tyo stay the same game all year?

what game would it be?

i think an online game of counterstrike between 8of us would be ownage, if i had westwood online installed:P
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

You can use your 4 hours on any bookable servers. BF1942 is still critically flawed online. I'm on ADSL and you still can't snipe anyone unless they are standing still. The bloody annoying CD check on EVERY GODDAMN MAP CHANGE is totally unneccesary. Tbh I'm playing it more single player at the moment, much better practice for LAN play. Yes, you may be fine on your 1Mb cable Chief, but for it to be still be dodgy on ADSL is unforgivable.

A weekly CS bash would be good fun, I don't play it anymore not because it's a bad game, but because 90% of players online are twats. Private server would solve this issue.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

I'm on ADSL and i don't have many problems with bf1942 online. As for the sniper rifle doesn't bother me as I don't use it.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

There are people who can sit with a sniper rifle and cap pilots out of their cockpits using the sniper rifle, so it is potentially very good weapon, you just need a T1 to use it proper ;)
biggles

Post by biggles »

ok as much as you loved my cs idea, forget it:P i meant to say red alert 2.
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

mid_gen wrote:Yes, you may be fine on your 1Mb cable Chief, but for it to be still be dodgy on ADSL is unforgivable.
lol. ADSL is shit anyway. and im on 2mb cable now.

playing online is shite. you have people exploiting the game as much as they can, spawn camping with artillary peices is jsut shite, team mates shoot you when you take off in the planes.

hopefully, the availableity of linux will mean more servers.

anyway, all i can say is - have shotgun more often with a fair number of dedciated BF1942 players and we will have a great laugh! :)