For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

Heretic
pe0n
pe0n

Geforce 4 Query!

Post by Heretic »

Hello guys,

Im again loooking at Gefoce 4's, and looking around all the sites, and i have noticed that you can get Geforce 4's from people, like Nvidia, Albertron, gainward, ABit...etc...even if it is the same card, same stats, etc...what are the diffences, and why are the prices soooo diffent!?

P.s. Whatcha think of this deal??

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... =E145-1058

Best Regards, Ian.
shrek
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by shrek »

The main difference between cards is two things, first of all different companies use different quality ram, for example Gainward and Albertron use the best quality and fastest ram thats around, where as other companies will use stock ram. Secondly different cards use different types of heatsink, for example Leadtek use a massive heatsink that cover the ram aswell as the gpu and has got two fans on it and abit use the duct thingy from the geforce FX on their GF4's, where as other companies will just use the stock heatsink.
biggles

Post by biggles »

also some companies will give you litte extra demo games in the box (i got a few, no i havent installed them) VIVO adds an extra 30quid onto a cards prive (Video In, Video Out).

personally compare the stats difference, they are pretty much the same, and wthink if its worth spending more, personally i would wait til the N30 or whatever nvidea has made comes out (it is, i am told by a reliable freind, SHIT) AND BUY THE ati rADEON 9700.

(or get the leadtek ti4200 128meg of ram for about 100qui)
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

THe speed of your current CPU is also a factor. Anything less than about 1.5 Gig chip will bottle-neck the performance of GF4s...
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs