C/C++

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

bartender
pe0n
pe0n

C/C++

Post by bartender »

Could someone (with some experience) recommend a good C/C++ reference book? I'm just starting out with C/C++ but beginners guides become useless very quickly.

Cheers
Mark
Chief
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by Chief »

Learn Java.

or get C/C++ in 21 Days
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

It's a uni thing, so he's gotta use C++

SAMS C++ in 21 days is good, but for just quick reference I found a little £7.99 book that covered all the important things without the crap (much better than having a half ton tome sitting on your lap while trying to type)

Teach Yourself C++

ISBN : 0-340-77528-9
bartender
pe0n
pe0n

Post by bartender »

When I said I was just starting out I meant I had completed the 'Sams teach yourself C in 21 Days' course. I am looking for a reference book with headers and enough syntax to help but no theory.

Oh and not much call for Java in computational drug design under a Unix environment.
mid_gen
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by mid_gen »

The teach yourself C++ £7.99 jobby has all the reference I've ever needed (with the MSDN library being useful to fall back on). Covers pretty much all you'd need for general console based work. For anything not covered by them, head for (off the top of my head) sites like http://www.cplusplus.org/

Other than that, a search on Amazon for "C++ mathematics/science/chemistry" should do the trick...