Doom 3 Tournament

For all your random waffle

Moderators: Seahorse, SG Admins

Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

BoredAtWork wrote:Surely the rules are kill everyone else while try not to die? They haven't turned it into a platform game or something doubly shit have they!?
I meant more "FFA - how many people at once, etc." stuff.

K
BoredAtWork
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by BoredAtWork »

Sorry matey it was just a bad joke :D
Nighted

Post by Nighted »

Ze_Baron wrote:They'll be an Intel Pentium 4 Processor up for grabs in the Doom 3 competition!

:-)
damn it and my pc cant run it!

will anybody let me use ther machine for the duration of my playing time in the tourney if i can play it some how?
Nighted

Post by Nighted »

Kulgan wrote:This is a bit of a catch up forum post, given Baron's already posted, but...
We're happy to announce that in addition to their usual kind provision of switches for the LAN, Intel will be donating a 3+GHz HyperThreading Pentium 4 Processor and motherboard as the top prize for our Doom 3 competition.

This is an excellent prize, and we're certainly looking forward to the tournament!
K
damn it motherboard aswell!

someone please :worhsip:
Nighted

Post by Nighted »

i whant it got damn it!

i havent even got my own pc at the moment because its a borrowed one (500mghr and a chip set, and it doesent even support open gl!)

i need some practice!

(my dad decided to update the bios in my old pc with a gforce 2 in it. whilst updating the bios it said ERROR, my dad said hope it boots up and it dosent even do that!)

and we cant even manuely update it cause my dad bought a kit after hard searching and it could only do half of it!

aghh! :twisted:
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

calm down! :|
eclipse
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

omgwtfbbq

Post by eclipse »

omg yes, calm down. I know you really want to win that motherboard and CPU, but you can't get any practice in, the odds are against you... heavily. Might be a good idea to change your expectations :)
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Re: omgwtfbbq

Post by dogmeat »

eclipse wrote:omg yes, calm down. I know you really want to win that motherboard and CPU, but you can't get any practice in, the odds are against you... heavily. Might be a good idea to change your expectations :)
Thanks for saying that, I'd have been less polite. :)
ZiK
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by ZiK »

what would you have said? :)
GlimmerMan
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by GlimmerMan »

dogmeat wrote:You know you'll probably end up playing Doom3 anyway. I'd buy it at Game and 10 day, but they stopped 10 day returns for PC games a few months back. Fuckers. Why don't they do the same for PS2 games, piracy's just as rife on those too.
I should hope they don't take returns for PC games. Do you really think it's fair to return a game after you have installed it and stolen the CD key? That's real fair to the next guy who buys that copy and finds his CD key is already in use when he tries to play online. Downloading is one thing, but stealing somebody's CD key is really low.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

A couple of games were stupid enough to have the cd key on a sticker stuck to the inside of the dvd box. When I worked at Game we caught a lad going through every box with a pen and notepad. Needless to say we chucked the cheeky c*nt out after forcibly removing his notepad.
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

GlimmerMan wrote:
dogmeat wrote:You know you'll probably end up playing Doom3 anyway. I'd buy it at Game and 10 day, but they stopped 10 day returns for PC games a few months back. Fuckers. Why don't they do the same for PS2 games, piracy's just as rife on those too.
I should hope they don't take returns for PC games. Do you really think it's fair to return a game after you have installed it and stolen the CD key? That's real fair to the next guy who buys that copy and finds his CD key is already in use when he tries to play online. Downloading is one thing, but stealing somebody's CD key is really low.
You wrongly assume I'm the sort of bastard who'd steal a CD key. The Game 10 day returns policy was a handy safety net when it came to PC games, if the game was shit it went back. Now I don't have the chance to do that.
So now the only option I have is to buy the game and possibly hate it? No wonder people are downloading the game in droves.

Oh, and fuck you for assuming. ;)
GlimmerMan
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by GlimmerMan »

dogmeat wrote:
GlimmerMan wrote:
You wrongly assume I'm the sort of bastard who'd steal a CD key. The Game 10 day returns policy was a handy safety net when it came to PC games, if the game was shit it went back. Now I don't have the chance to do that.
So now the only option I have is to buy the game and possibly hate it? No wonder people are downloading the game in droves.

There is this little thing called the internet, aka try before you buy*. You're still talking shite though, don't deny it - saying you'd 10-day it implies that you were just going to install it and take it back before you knew if you liked it or not**. Regardsless if you liked it or not, you still played it, pay for it***. Do you go scrounging for a refund at the Cinema / Blockbusters if you see a bad movie?
Oh, and fuck you for not being clear in your original post and criticising me because you were too lazy to provide all the facts, fuck you very much! :wink: ...and the guy who's really buying a second hand game for the price of a new one fucks you too!

Bottom line is game stores aren't a free rental service, if you're worried about buying a duff game, check it out by downloading it first, by reading reviews or go see it at a friend's house.

You may want to change your ways before you start going to places like Argos to buy wall paper removers, stripping your walls, then taking it back for a refund saying it isn't what you thought you needed. ie. Before you become a pikey.

* If you don't have broadband, hence can't download it, it's not my fault for assuming that you do, it's yours for not saying so.

** If this isn't that case perhaps you need to work on your communication skills a little? If you give people all the details they can't, and don't have to make assumptions one way or the other.

*** Unless it's an EA game.
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

Shut up. You can't judge me by your shitty low standards. That's the whole point of the 10 day returns policy.
GlimmerMan
Bitchin'-pe0n
Bitchin'-pe0n

Post by GlimmerMan »

dogmeat wrote:Shut up. You can't judge me by your shitty low standards. That's the whole point of the 10 day returns policy.
:D

It's for people who buy their Grandkids a PS2 game when they have an XBox, for people who get the same game as a present from two different people, for people who get given Doom 3 and only have a P90 etc.
i.e. For people for whom the game (or hardware) won't work, for gifts gone wrong etc. It's not a free 10-day rental service.
LazyManc
Ultra-pe0n
Ultra-pe0n

Post by LazyManc »

It's not a free 10-day rental service.
Well to be fair, it is really. Otherwise they'd weigh it down with all kinds of annoying clauses and tell you it has to be still shrink wrapped etc... instead of giving the no-questions-asked schpiel. Besides, as long as you bring it back in perfect condition and not covered in jam, what difference does it make if its actually been played or not to Game or to the next customer?
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

dogmeat wrote:You know

Perhaps you could read some reviews and see if you like the sound of the game. If you were a patient kind of person (though it would appear not to be the case) you could try a demo on a coverdisk or off the net.

Oh, and calm down a bit... :lol:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs
dogmeat
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by dogmeat »

GlimmerMan wrote: :D

It's for people who buy their Grandkids a PS2 game when they have an XBox, for people who get the same game as a present from two different people, for people who get given Doom 3 and only have a P90 etc.
i.e. For people for whom the game (or hardware) won't work, for gifts gone wrong etc. It's not a free 10-day rental service.
Again, Doom3, they'd not be able to take it back! :)
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

OT

Post by Kulgan »

Wasn't this a thread about the Doom 3 tournament?
*gently nudges people back on topic*
Ooo. Doom 3 is^H^Hlooks scary....

K
Seahorse
Uber-pe0n
Uber-pe0n

Post by Seahorse »

Are any of the fledgling Mods going to be played - does anyone have some suggestions... :?:
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My DVDs