Login GUI fiddly

Got a software or hardware problem? Ask your questions here

Moderator: SG Admins

Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Login GUI fiddly

Post by Spey »

bizzare i logged in went to tech help...only to find myself logged out...then went to post and i was logged back in again...probably the cached page playing tricks but anyway thats irrelevant

question i want to ask is if anyone knows of a way to disable the "press ctrl-alt-del" prompt at the start of a 2k login, in essence just having the login dialoge box appear straight away ala 9x login screens

can it be done? if so...how

the computers are on a domain but i imagine this should have no bearing on it since they wont be logged onto the domain at this point and its a gui issue i would imagine

im only asking as since i work in primary schools, ive noticed some of the kids dont quite get the concept of 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' yet (im sure i should be thankful for that) and it will just speed up the login process and save the teachers some stress (always a good thing in my book)

any takers?
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.
Kulgan
LAN Admin-Monkey
LAN Admin-Monkey

Post by Kulgan »

On my 2K machine it's in the Users and Passwords Control Panel applet under "advanced".
How it works on a domain is beyond me though...

K
uatec
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n

Post by uatec »

i do not think that there is any difference at all. Although i havent used 2k since the last SGLAN
Moo!
Spey
Mega-pe0n
Mega-pe0n
Location: behind you.... Harder than: Michael Dorn in heat baby!!

Post by Spey »

ahh so it is...

mucho gracias

and err dont think domain will have much bearing as this will be before the computer is logged onto it :D
narcissism, my only pleasure in life.